CONCORD, N.C. – Today is the start of 10 days of thunder at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and what better way to kick off the festivities than with a visit to the Hendrick Motorsports campus?
There is plenty to see at the Museum and Team Store including cars, trophies and memorabilia.
Check out some of the highlights below.
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Daytona 500 winning car and Jimmie Johnson’s seventh NASCAR Cup Series championship-winning car on display. Still plastered with confetti from Victory Lane, these cars have been through donuts and champagne from their respective wins. Earnhardt’s Daytona 500 win in 2014 was his second career "Great American Race" win, his first with Hendrick Motorsports. Johnson’s victory at Homestead-Miami Speedway marked his 80th career Cup victory as well as his record-tying seventh NASCAR Cup Series championship.
2. There are over 100 trophies on display. Guests can find many unique trophies from drivers past and present. There are even two grandfather clocks, the signature trophy of Martinsville Speedway. One clock is from Hendrick Motorsports’ first ever win in 1984 by Geoff Bodine. The other is from Darrell Waltrip’s Martinsville win in 1989.
3. Waltrip’s 1989 No. 17 Tide Chevrolet on display. One of the older cars at the museum is Waltrip's car from the 1989 Daytona 500. His Daytona 500 win was one of nine wins the driver celebrated during his four years with Hendrick Motorsports.
4. Exclusive merchandise is available for purchase. Guests can take home a souvenir from their visit. There are many Hendrick Motorsports exclusive items include the new Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 “Always an All-Star” T-shirt. Additionally, there is a special deal – spend $25 at the team store and be entered to win race tickets.
5. The Museum and Team Store has special hours for Charlotte weeks! Visitors are welcome free of charge.
Friday, May 19 – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, May 20 – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday, May 21 – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Monday, May 22 – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday, May 23 – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, May 24 – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday, May 25 – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, May 26 – 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday, May 27 – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday, May 28 – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Monday, May 29 - Memorial Day - 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For more more information and driving directions, click here.