CONCORD, N.C. -- Headed into the second elimination race of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the Hendrick Motorsports drivers are preparing to take on Talladega Superspeedway.
Below are nine facts about Hendrick Motorsports at Talladega.
1) Hendrick Motorsports has 12 wins at the 2.66-mile track, which ranks Talladega sixth for most wins for the organization.
2) The 12 victories came courtesy of six different drivers: Jeff Gordon (6), Jimmie Johnson (2), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (1), Brian Vickers (1), Terry Labonte (1) and Ken Schrader (1).
3) Gordon and Earnhardt are currently tied for most wins among active drivers at Talladega with six wins apiece.
4) Drivers for the organization have logged 54 top-five finishes and 78 top-10s at the track.
5) Hendrick Motorsports has claimed 11 pole positions at Talladega, the most recent being Chase Elliott's this past May.
6) Since 1984, Hendrick Motorsports has led 2,662 laps around the superspeedway.
7) The organization's first win at the Alabama track was courtesy of Schrader on July 31, 1988, when the driver took the lead on the final lap to take the checkered flag.
8) The most recent trip to Victory Lane at Talladega was for Earnhardt's win last May. The driver of the No. 88 Nationwide Chevrolet SS crossed the finish line just ahead of his teammate, Johnson.
9) Hendrick Motorsports has swept the pole awards in four separate years, including 2002 (Johnson), 2011 (Gordon and Mark Martin), 2012 (Gordon and Kasey Kahne) and 2015 (Gordon).