CONCORD, N.C. -- Hendrick Motorsports' success at Dover International Speedway is well documented. The organization has 20 wins at the 1-mile track, the most out of any team in the NASCAR Cup Series.
Hendrick Motorsports' most recent win at Dover came in October 2018, when Chase Elliott utilized an overtime restart to win his second career Cup race. Kyle Larson also won at the venue in 2019, making them two of the four most recent Dover winners.
Take a look at the best Hendrick Motorsports stats heading into Sunday's event at Dover. Tune in live at 2 p.m. ET on FS1 to see the Hendrick Motorsports drivers in action.
- Sitting at 20, Hendrick Motorsports is chasing a 21st victory at Dover International Speedway. Six drivers have won for the organization at “the Monster Mile:” Jimmie Johnson (11), Jeff Gordon (five), Elliott (one), Geoff Bodine (one), Ken Schrader (one) and Ricky Rudd (one). Hendrick Motorsports also holds the record for most wins at a track by a team with 25 victories at Martinsville Speedway.
- Four races at Dover have ended past its scheduled distance with Hendrick Motorsports winning each time. Seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Johnson was victorious in three of those events – 2005, 2015 and 2017 – while Elliott won in overtime in 2018.
- Alex Bowman, Larson and William Byron are under 30 years old and have each won a race for Hendrick Motorsports this season. No NASCAR Cup Series team has ever had four drivers under the age of 30 visit victory lane in the same season. Elliott, 25, is the defending Cup Series champion and most recent winner for Hendrick Motorsports at Dover (2018).
- At Darlington Raceway Sunday, Larson (second), Byron (fourth) and Elliott (seventh) each finished in the top 10, extending a streak of at least one Hendrick Motorsports driver posting a top-10 result to 30 straight races. Team Penske ranks second with nine consecutive top-10s.
- In 12 starts at Dover International Speedway, Larson has 11 top-12 finishes with 617 laps led. In his last start at the 1-mile venue in October 2019, the Elk Grove, California, native led 154 laps en route to his lone victory at the concrete track.
- At Dover, Elliott has posted seven top-five finishes in 10 starts, four of which were top-three results. Among those was his overtime win in October 2018 and a runner-up performance in 2017. Elliott finished in the top three in both of his rookie appearances at Dover in 2016 – something only Johnson, Kyle Busch and Davey Allison accomplished in their rookie seasons.
- With six Cup Series starts under his belt at Dover, Byron will be making his seventh start at the track Sunday. He has a track-best starting position of second from May 2019 when Hendrick Motorsports teammate Elliott edged him out for the pole. With one top-five finish and two top-10s at “the Monster Mile,” Byron’s track-best finish of fourth came in the second race of the August doubleheader last season.
- Bowman has made 10 NASCAR Cup Series starts at Dover International Speedway. The Tucson, Arizona, native finished fifth in the second of two events at the venue last season. Bowman has three top-five finishes at Dover, which are the most top-five results at a single track for the Ally driver. Since the start of the 2019 season, Bowman has the third-most top-five results at the 1-mile facility among active drivers.