CONCORD, N.C. -- At Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Hendrick Motorsports has paced the field over the years.
In 24 races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Hendrick Motorsports has earned five wins, two pole positions, 21 top-five finishes, 39 top-10s and an all-time record 1,385 laps led.
See below for more key numbers, stats and figures on Hendrick Motorsports’ history in Las Vegas.
- Seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson has four victories at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the most of any driver. He also has led 595 laps around the 1.5-mile track.
- If Johnson wins this weekend he will have scored his 84th points-paying Cup Series win to tie Hall of Famers Darrell Waltrip and Bobby Allison for fourth all-time. Johnson currently is 10 wins behind former teammate Jeff Gordon.
- Hendrick Motorsports has earned at least one win on a 1.5-mile track in a record 26 consecutive seasons. Alex Bowman brought the streak to 26 seasons with his 2019 victory at Chicagoland, becoming the 11th different driver to win for the organization on a 1.5-mile track.
- With Bowman earning his first Cup Series win at Chicagoland in 2019, Hendrick Motorsports now holds the record for the most first-time Cup Series winners with nine. If William Byron wins at Las Vegas, it will extend the record to the 11th time a driver has recorded his first career Cup Series win while driving for Hendrick Motorsports.
- Hendrick Motorsports has won two of the last three NASCAR Cup Series races held on Feb. 23. Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the 2014 DAYTONA 500 and Jeff Gordon won in 1997 at Rockingham. Bowman also made his Cup debut on Feb. 23, 2014, in the DAYTONA 500.
- Johnson is the only driver to win multiple times at Las Vegas Motor Speedway the season following claiming the NASCAR Cup Series championship (2007, 2010). He is also the only series champion to win the Las Vegas race and championship in the same season (2006, 2007, 2010).