CONCORD, N.C. -- Racing is back and the restart to the season will be at the historic Darlington Raceway on May 17.
Hendrick Motorsports has a storied history at Darlington, including a record number of wins and Jimmie Johnson nabbing the organization's 200th victory at the track.
Check out more key numbers, stats and figures on Hendrick Motorsports’ history at Darlington Raceway below.
- Hendrick Motorsports has 14 NASCAR Cup Series wins at Darlington Raceway, the most of any team in history. Jeff Gordon owns half of the victories with seven, while Jimmie Johnson has three. Terry Labonte, Mark Martin, Tim Richmond and Ricky Rudd each have one Darlington win for owner Rick Hendrick.
- May 17 will mark the 22nd Cup Series race held at Darlington in the month of May but the first since 2013. Hendrick Motorsports has won three of the last seven May events there with Johnson the most recent in 2012, Martin in 2009 and Gordon in 2007. All three victories carried some significance. Johnson brought home Hendrick Motorsports' 200th points-paying Cup win, Martin became the second-oldest driver to win at the track (50 years, 4 months) and Gordon climbed to sixth on the all-time victories list when he won his 76th race.
- No. 9 driver Chase Elliott has made five NASCAR Cup Series starts at Darlington Raceway and will make two more over the next week. In his previous starts at the 1.366-mile track, he has one top-five finish and two top-10s.
- Last year at "The Lady in Black," William Byron captured the pole in his second Cup Series race at the track. The driver of the No. 24 will be making his third and fourth starts at Darlington Sunday and Wednesday.
- Johnson has gone 99 races without a win, but Darlington in May has proven to be lucky for the driver of the No. 48 Ally Camaro. Twice Johnson has gotten his first win of the season at "The Lady in Black" -- in 2004 and 2012. He also has recorded 10 of his 83 career wins in the month of May, the second-best month for him after October (14).
- Alex Bowman has steadily improved at Darlington over his four starts at Darlington Raceway. In his first start in 2014 saw Bowman finish 29th and last year he finished 18th. Bowman called Darlington a "tough track at times" but said he's confident the 88 team will do well.
- Three of Hendrick Motorsports' four drivers are in the top five in the NASCAR Cup Series standing after four races in 2020. Chase Elliott is in third place, followed by Alex Bowman in fourth and Johnson in fifth. Elliott leads all drivers with the most stage wins (three), while Bowman is one of three drivers this season to have a win under his belt.