CONCORD, N.C. -- The four Hendrick Motorsports drivers and the rest of the NASCAR field will leave the Carolinas for the first time since racing resumed and head to Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee.
"Thunder Valley" is known as one of the toughest tracks on the NASCAR circuit and Hendrick Motorsports has 11 total wins at the .533-mile venue.
Check out more key numbers, stats and figures on Hendrick Motorsports' history at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Eight out of the 11 victories at Bristol for Hendrick Motorsports has come during the spring. Jimmie Johnson won the last race there for the organization on April 24, 2017 and has one other victory at the track (March 21, 2010).
- Jeff Gordon won four spring races in a row there from 1995-98. He also ended up in victory lane in August 2002 at the Tennessee track, making him the owner of five wins at Bristol.
- Hendrick Motorsports has six different drivers who have won at Bristol Motor Speedway, the most out of any organization. Aside from Gordon's five wins and Johnson's two, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Terry Labonte and Darrell Waltrip each won one race at Bristol for team owner Rick Hendrick.
- Out of NASCAR's active drivers, Johnson has the second-most wins on short tracks with 14. Busch has the most with 16. However, Johnson is the only active driver to have won multiple races at all three short tracks.
- In six starts, Chase Elliott has three top-five finishes and has led 199 total laps at Bristol. Teammate Alex Bowman has two top-five finishes at the track, which marks the only short track he has more than one top-five result.
- Hendrick Motorsports has led nearly 6,000 laps at Bristol Motor Speedway, the most among active NASCAR Cup Series teams. The organization’s 5,935 laps led rank second all-time to Junior Johnson and Associates, which led more than 8,000 circuits at the half-mile track.