CONCORD, N.C. -- Hendrick Motorsports will be superspeedway racing this Sunday when the four teammates hit the track at Talladega.
It was last year's spring event where Chase Elliott drove his Chevrolet Camaro into victory lane at Talladega. Jimmie Johnson also has two wins under his belt at the Alabama track. Overall, Hendrick Motorsports has had 13 different victories at the 2.66-mile superspeedway.
Take a look at some of the more notable stats of the organization as the drivers take on the second race in the Round of 12 of the playoffs of the season.
- At Talladega Superspeedway, Hendrick Motorsports holds the track record for NASCAR Cup Series wins with 13. The team has scored at least one victory there with seven different drivers: Jeff Gordon (six wins), Johnson (two), Elliott, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Brian Vickers, Terry Labonte and Ken Schrader.
- In addition to holding the Talladega record for NASCAR Cup Series victories, Hendrick Motorsports is the track’s all-time leader in pole positions (13), runner-up finishes (14), top-fives (58), top-10s (89), and laps led (2,870).
- Hendrick Motorsports is the all-time leader in combined superspeedway wins with 28. Eleven different drivers have gone to victory lane for car owner Rick Hendrick at the venues of Talladega and Daytona, which is the most superspeedway winners of any NASCAR Cup Series team.
- Hendrick Motorsports has placed at least one car inside the top 10 in the last 12 NASCAR Cup Series races, matching the team’s longest streak of 2020. The last time the team posted more than 12 straight top-10 finishes in a season was in 2016 when it ran off 15 in a row during a championship-winning year.
- Since the inception of the format in 2004, Hendrick Motorsports has 44 NASCAR Cup Series playoff wins – 16 more than any other team. The organization has scored at least one playoff victory in a record 15 different seasons, missing only 2017. A series-topping seven different drivers have won a playoff race for Hendrick Motorsports.