CONCORD, N.C. -- On the verge of his rookie full-time season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Chase Elliott sat down with HendrickMotorsports.com to give a glimpse into the life of the driver of the No. 24 Chevrolet SS.
He shares his thoughts on the upcoming season, his Super Bowl pick and favorite hype song.
Check out the 24 fun facts below.
1) What’s your favorite pre-race meal?
2) What was your first pet?
A Doberman dog named Rowdy.
3) What’s your favorite movie?
4) What’s your favorite racing memory?
The 2014 (NASCAR XFINITY Series) championship.
5) What do you remember most about watching your dad, Bill Elliott, race as a child?
I was at a very young age watching him have a lot of success. To be able to go and stand on the grid and watch your dad race has always been a very special thought of mine. To be able experience that over the years has been very neat.
6) What’s the best part of being a NASCAR driver?
7) What is your favorite college football team?
8) Who’s your favorite Georgia Bulldog?
That is tough. I would have to say David Pollack.
9) How excited are you to compete at Daytona?
I don’t feel like things have hit me yet, it’s not 100 percent set in. It’s definitely starting to more and more as we get ready and get seats and get things in these cars.
10) What would winning the Daytona 500 mean to you?
It would mean a lot to me. It’s definitely a great way to start. It would be unbelievable.
11) What does stepping into the No. 24 Chevy mean to you?
I think it’s a very special opportunity and I think it’s an opportunity of a lifetime. It’s an honor to have the support of Jeff (Gordon) and him being supportive of that move and transition into that number. I think it’s a cool time to make a change and looking forward to make the most of it.
12) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve gotten before your rookie full-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season?
Just enjoy it I think is the biggest thing that kind of goes, whether it’s your rookie season or not. We tend to rush into things and we try to enjoy all aspects, whether it’s good or bad. We try to improve from wherever we start.
13) What are your goals for 2016?
I would love to make the top 16 at the end of the year and I would love to win a race this year. I think that would be two really good goals to shoot for.
14) If you were not a race car driver, what would be your dream job?
Haven’t thought about it.
15) What will it mean to race at Atlanta Motor Speedway?
To go back there and run in the Cup Series in Atlanta will be a pretty special moment. That’s my home track and it will be pretty cool to race at home. Hopefully I can get some friends and family come down to watch and that would be great.
16) Do you have a hype song you like to play before a race?
Big Eric Church fan. He gets me fired up.
17) Who’s going to win the Super Bowl?
I’m pulling for the Broncos.
18) Who is your role model?
I have a lot. I have been very lucky to be surrounded by good people. I have always looked up to my dad -- both my parents -- and my grandmother was always a big one. As far as racers, I was always a big Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne and Jimmie Johnson fan since I was really little. Those are three guys I always had a lot of respect for and looked up to.
19) What do you do in your spare time?
Fly some airplanes occasionally and go snowboarding.
20) What made you want to get your pilot’s license?
I think being around my dad and him following it for a long time. I always had an interest in it.
21) What’s your favorite place you have traveled to, not racing-related?
Probably Costa Rica.
22) What is your favorite professional sports team?
The Atlanta Braves.
23) What’s your favorite color?
24) If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?