CONCORD, N.C. -- For the first time, a doubleheader will be held this weekend at the Cup Series level. The field will travel to Pocono Raceway, where Hendrick Motorsports has a storied history.
The organization is the all-time leader in wins at "The Tricky Triangle" with 17. The last Hendrick Motorsports driver to win at Pocono was Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2014.
Check out more key numbers and stats as Hendrick Motorsports heads to Pocono Raceway.
- Aside from being the all-time leader in wins, Hendrick Motorsports has the most pole positions (13), top-five finishes (70), top-10s (126) and laps led. The organization’s 3,270 laps led at the 2.5-mile triangular track is nearly twice the total of the next-best team (Team Penske has 1,641).
- Seven different drivers have won NASCAR Cup Series races for Hendrick Motorsports at Pocono: Jeff Gordon (6), Jimmie Johnson (3), Tim Richmond (3), Earnhardt (2), Geoff Bodine, Terry Labonte and Kasey Kahne. The all-time record for different winners by a team at any Cup racetrack is eight, which was set by Hendrick Motorsports earlier this season at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Hendrick Motorsports is quickly approaching 70,000 laps led in the NASCAR Cup Series. Its 69,820 laps led since 1984 is the all-time record and nearly 10,000 more than any other team. After 13 races in 2020, the organization has led 931 laps, which is more than it posted through 13 races in 2018 and 2019 combined. Hendrick Motorsports, which has led laps in every race this season, needs to lead 180 more laps to reach the 70,000 mark. There are 270 laps up for grabs during this weekend Pocono Raceway doubleheader.
- Chase Elliott currently holds six top-10 finishes at the “Tricky Triangle,” which tie his results at Dover for the second-most total top-10s he has at any track.
- In his four Cup Series starts at Pocono, William Byron has one pole award coming in the June race last season, as well as one top-five finish and three top-10s. He led 35 laps in two of those events.
- Seven-time champion Jimmie Johnson swept back-to-back races in the summer of 2004 at Pocono and won again in 2013. The only other Hendrick Motorsports driver who has more Pocono victories than Johnson is NASCAR Hall of Famer Jeff Gordon (6).
- Alex Bowman earned his best start (10th) and best finish (third) at the track in July 2018. He has completed 99.4% of the total laps at the 2.5-mile track.