CONCORD, N.C. – This week, we asked Chase Elliott five questions during a lightning round interview. Take a look at what the driver of the No. 24 SunEnergy1 Chevrolet SS had to say, including the best gift he’s ever received, his favorite dessert and the person he most admires in life.
1) What’s your favorite dessert?
“German chocolate cake”
2) What three songs are currently at the top of your playlist?
“Anything by Eric Church. I’ll choose three from anything he’s got and I’ll be happy.”
3) Who do you think would play you in a movie?
4) What’s the best gift you’ve ever received and why?
“I’ve gotten some pretty cool gifts over the years. But I think one of the coolest things I ever had is from Greg Ives. He gave me a steering wheel from my first win from 2014 in XFINITY. The weekend before we won at Texas I had asked about getting more steering wheels because they were getting worn out. So that was a pretty cool gift I have at the house.”
5) Who do you most look up to or admire?
“I’ve always looked up to my dad. He’s the reason I feel like I started racing or even had an interest in it.”